Wednesday, April 23, 2008


My mother just sent me an email asking about my legal status in Bolivia. This was my response:

At migrations they told me I need a NIT (tax ID number) to get residence, and at the Tax office, they told me I need a residence card to get a NIT. Fortunately the fine for overstaying your welcome for a year is less than the cost of the paperwork for a yearlong residency....

- chuck

No comments: